The project Artist Training ARTISTIC COLLECTIVES is a qualification program for artist collectives from the sectors of music, fine arts, performing arts, film, and an interdisciplinary working group. Artist Training offers a support for five months with a full program: a training unit consisting of 30 hours with monthly workshops according to individual goals, two individual consultations, the presentation of artistic work at a venue and the exchange among all groups. In addition, the Digital BASICS convey basic topics of self-employment with two hours of online teaching and 12 hours of in-depth workshops. The program is held online, in English and is free of charge.
• The Artist Training project is open to professional artists in exile living in Berlin.
• The Open Call is addressed to artists and art organizers of all genres.
• One can apply as a group of min. two members.
· Artist Training seeks individuals and artistic groups with an interest in developing interdisciplinary aspects on current social-political topics.
· Artist Training has a focus on proposals with a focus on social discourses that currently lack diversity: climate change, political participation, the future of democracy and civil society, digitalization and innovation, feminism, queer theory, and intersectionality.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
· 30-hour training unit with workshops, consulting, networking and presentation from June to October 2021 + 14 hours of basics of how to work as a freelancer in Germany.
Kickoff meeting: 11th of June 10 am registration / 10.30 am to 2.30 pm Workshop
· One-on-one consultation session based on your personal goals.
APPLICATION PROCESS / Info-Session: 11 May 2021, 1 to 2 pm
Every member of the collective has to register with:
1. Short bios of the team (max. two pages).
2. Artist’s Portfolio with most relevant projects in the last two years, including photos and links (max. three pages).
3. Artist’s Portfolio with most relevant projects in the last two years, including photos and links (max. three pages).
4. Please register with your personal data, attachments and the name of the group.